Monday, April 4, 2011

On the fence.

I know when I posted a while back, I mentioned that I was interested in all religions.

It's true.

I suppose I just want to understand and dissect religions and know what makes them tick. It's the same with always being curious as to people's religious choices and why they believe what they do. I don't condemn them for choosing a certain path; merely I just wonder how it is they ended up choosing the religion they did.

I know that religion is a hot topic in that people tend to get highly offended when their beliefs are put on out there to be dissected. But I'd like to think that I keep a pretty open mind when it comes to discussing people's religious choices. Do I always agree with their choice? No. But if it works for them, then why should I try to persuade them any different?

Besides, for all the times I've been preached to about why I should become religious, I'd like to think I turn the other cheek, so to say, and not do it back to them about why they shouldn't be religious.

This isn't to say that I've never tried to persuade someone otherwise, but that post will come at a later date.

For years I struggled with whether or not a god existed. I had a hard time being in the gray area of it all. I wanted to know whether he (or she) existed or not.

But as I've gotten older I've learned it doesn't matter one way or the other. So I've come to rest comfortably on the fence, not knowing one way or the other.

My reasoning for being on the fence is simple: there isn't enough in the world to prove or disprove the existence of god to me. Therefore, the fence is where I am.

I think I just have too much else in my life to worry about and the topic of god existing isn't high on my priority list ya know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment